|PC Only Content|
Information on this page is PC specific.
Aperture Science HPD
|"A strange weapon not of this world"|
The Aperture Science HPD (ASHPD) is a level 30 Huntress and Series EV weapon. It is one of five items included in the Steam Pre-order DLC, and will appear in a crate in the player's tavern upon first arrival. Players get one version of this weapon, both for Ranked and Open/Local play.
The ASHPD does no damage on its own. Instead, it can create two interdimensionally linked gateways, allowing players and monsters to move instantly between two spots on the map. Unlike the original Portal Gun, this version creates the portals in midair a few steps from the Huntress, and each portal is toggled open and shut with Primary Fire (for the blue portal) and Secondary Fire (for the orange portal).
- The weapon's ammo acts as a timer until the weapon will automatically deactivate both portals.
- Manually deactivating one of the portals will interrupt ammo consumption, thus maintaining the other portal.
- The weapon's Weapon Damage bonuses simply boosts the damage of the Huntress's Piercing Shot or Series EV's Proton Charge Blast.
- 5 weapon ammo is consumed each second both portals are active.
- 25 weapon ammo is regenerated each second one or no portals are active.
- The ASHPD can be used to help heroes move across large maps like Glitterhelm Caverns or in the Sky O' Love challenge.
- It can also be used to augment trap builds by dropping enemies into map hazards such as the lava pools of Magus Quarters. Nearly any enemy can be travel through a portal except Ogres and bosses.
- The ASHPD originally debuted in the game Portal, a puzzle game which relied on this unique device.
- If the Portal Gun is fired in the Tavern, the weapon will make a clicking noise and not create the portal. This is more than likely a way to keep others but the Host from entering the hidden room.
- ASHPD stands for Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device.
- Aperture Science HPD Mk2 - Level 78 achievement reward for obtaining the Hardcore Mythical Defender achievement.