The Monk Guardian is a type of Familiar. It improves the attack range of one or more nearby hero defenses, effective range of Monk's Auras and Activation Range of Huntress's traps (not Effective Range).
- The number of defenses it may boost at a given time may only be upgraded once every 10 pet levels, up to a maximum of 5 defenses.
- Improved defenses will gain a small but noticeable sparkle.
- Acquired by completing The Summit on Easy, Medium and Hard difficulty as a Monk.
- Increased chance of being found in the Tavern Shop after completing The Ramparts on at least medium difficulty.
- The monk guardian can also be acquired on the bonus map Palantir.
- Defenses are boosted in Pure Strategy mode.
- The monk guardian can also be acquired from Shroomites on the Quest for Eternia Shards Part 1
- Originally an Event for iOS users that lost their save file via the 4.2 update. Those who submitted an application got one of the 4 Guardian Heroes.
- Tegra 2 device exclusive.
Other guardians possess various enhancing effects on a hero's defenses.
- Apprentice Guardian - Increases defense damage
- Huntress Guardian - Increases defense attack speed
- Squire Guardian - Increases defense damage resistance