Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Special:||Poison Snot Projectile|
The Ogre is the first mini-boss encountered in the game. The creature is difficult to take down because of its large amount of health.
The Ogre first appears in the second level, Foundries and Forges, where it spawns from the middle set of doors on the final wave. They are commonly seen in the last several waves of levels, and frequently in Survival Mode.
The ogre's color and health varies widely based on wave and difficulty; blue ogres can have as little as 50,000 health, while purple ogres can reach up to 20 million or higher (though commonly in campaign missions have between 850K and 3M health). On Nightmare difficulty, Ogres may have an elemental affinity. Ogres carried by Goblin Copters are far stronger, doing much more damage, as well as having far more health.
There are 5 types of Ogre: Green, blue, yellow, red and purple. The colors indicate how hard these ogres will be to kill. Green is the weakest, and purple is the strongest.
Attacks and Behavior
Ogres have three basic attacks: a vertical pound, a horizontal swipe, and a poison projectile.
Once aggravated, the Ogre will fire a poison projectile at its initial target before approaching it and swinging his club (randomly between pounding and swiping). Vertical pounds deal twice the damage as swipes if hit directly, however swipes are much more difficult to sidestep. Being hit with an ogre's club will cause some knockback to heroes. Once an Ogre drops below 50% HP, it will stop for a moment and roar before continuing to move or attack. This gives a useful break in which to reposition oneself to continue the assault. In higher difficulties, this roar is faster.
Ogres cannot be stunned in any way, including shock from Lightning Towers, Shock Beams, and Lightning Stance; Gas Traps; or Enrage Auras. They are also immune to knockback from any hero or tower; the only exception to this is when hit by a Weighted Companion Cube. Ogres can also be slowly pushed back by a Proton Charge Blast.
Ogres initially attack the first hero or tower that deals damage to it. If another hero or tower deals more damage to the ogre, it will change target.
- With enough speed, it is possible to kite the Ogre indefinitely by staying just outside of its melee range while it is targeting you. This protects the defenses and allows teammates to easily attack the Ogre or repair defenses without getting hit.
- If you have a non-damaging wall in place (such as a Spike Blockade placed backwards, Magic Blockade, or Physical Beam) with a damage-dealing tower behind the wall, the Ogre will spend several seconds attempting to attack the damage-dealing tower before resorting to attacking the wall. This can give the player some time to deal additional damage to the Ogre without it attacking anything. The higher and more frequent the damage, the longer the Ogre will stand there.
- Ensnare Auras can slow down the Ogre's movement and attack. Its roar animation is not slowed down, however (as of patch 7.32).
- Darkness Traps, though not causing the Ogre to lose its target, will strip the Ogre of its elemental affinity in Nightmare difficulty.
- Strength Drain Auras can significantly reduce the amount of damage Ogres deal to heroes and towers. As of patch 7.30 (PC), Strength Drain Auras will also remove elemental affinities on them.
- Spider Minions unleash webs that drastically reduce the movement and attack speed of Ogres, and prevent them from using the poison ball attack. Entangled Ogres take double damage from towers and heroes.
- Two challenges have a central focus on the ogre; Ogre Crush (where the heroes must defend the Eternia Crystals from waves of ogres exclusively), and Unlikely Allies (where the heroes must protect an ogre instead of an Eternia Crystal).
See also Mini Ogres.
| || || || |
| || || || |
| || || || |
| || || |
| || || || |