Here you can find the latest patch and the next patch to be released. To see the last three patch versions click the Recent tab. To see older patches visit the Archives tab.
Release Date: 4 August 2016
- Steam Trading Cards, Wallpapers, Emoticons, Badges
- Embermount Volcano campaign map with Phoenix Boss
- Embermount Tavern Theme
- Steam Achievement and Phoenix feather plaque when beating Embermount
- New enemy - The Harbinger
- 4 New weapons (1 for each class)
- 3 new pets in Embermount Survival
- 3 New accessories for Embermount - Brooch, Mask and Bracers
- Story line cut scenes for Embermount
- Moon Pet added to Moonbase Survival
- Cosmetic Accessory Set Bonuses: Crystal, Embermount and Palantir (based on hat, mask and bracers)
- News page updated
- Items rated as transcendent or above have a particle beam showing over the item to make picking them out of the pile easier. Beam only shown on items not filtered from the minimap by quality
- Added toggle key (b) for particle beams
- Updated minimap colors for ult+ and ult++ (orange and red respectively)
- Electric aura’s can damage the tavern dummy
- The highest damage dealt to a target by chained proximity mines will be dealt instead of the first to deal the damage
- Maximum starting wave is now set per map (24 on 25 wave maps, 28 on 30 wave maps, 32 on 35 wave maps, 36 on 40 wave maps)
- Camera rotation is locked when in top down placement mode (building / repairing / upgrading)
- New Setting - Can move while building (disables movement while in top down placement)
- New Setting - Enable tower dynamic lighting (significant performance benefits when disabled.) Affects traps and projectile towers (most notably inferno traps and fireball towers) Requires restarting DD after enabling to take effect. Disabling requires a new tower of that type to be built.
- Cursor placed relative to the hero in the placement casting state
- Removed slight frame rate dependency from many damaging towers. All projectile towers, Lightning Tower, Slice’n Dice, and Proton Beam. Every point in tower rate counts. There are no breakpoints.
- New item comparison calculation for armour and accessories
- Items can be renamed when at their maximum upgrade level at the cost of one upgrade
- Item naming character limit has been increased to 36
- Added a report issue button to the pause menu
- Palantir, Greater Turkey Hunt, CD, Temple of Love, Winter Wonderland, and Silent Night accessory multipliers now match those awarded by lab assault
- Moonbase now has a survival mode
- Added confirmation message when hitting 42 on Moonbase DDR machine
- Initiate Enemy Drain ability, Spider Minion web, and Wheel of Fortuna buff/debuff enemies resistance factor applied to the training dummy
- Jester’s Move Tower and Wheel abilities can be used in the tavern
- Trap/Aura selection priority is identical for repairing. Selection will be based only on current health percentage.
- Trap/Aura upgrade priority favours traps when upgrades are equal, otherwise whichever tower has the least upgrades.
- Instant upgrade will favour towers that can be upgraded over repairing towers that are at their maximum upgrade level.
- Traps and auras can overlap spawns and show a warning when doing so
- BucBay - Repositioned the hero spawn points to face the main crystal and open area instead of the dead end.
- Golding an enemy (by Djinn / Wheel) increases its power by a percentage so the power boost scales into higher level games
- Djinn ability casting durations depend on difficulty (enemy gold beam and tower desummon). That is to say, buffing/desummoning takes more time on a lower difficulty
- Summoner minions can move sensibly over short distances with no pathfinding mesh present (ie. when placed on walls, they won’t always jump off before moving along)
- On Nightmare difficulty, the 50% of loot that was not receiving wave/difficulty multipliers has been replaced with fully scaled items
- Party Popper tower animation scaling reduced so it doesn’t spaz out with only a few points in tower rate
- EV beam collision is now much more consistent between pre/post placement
- Armour vs. weapon comparison skewed more in favour of armour to bias the drop removal priority
- Traps on uneven terrain can now trigger on any walking enemy inside its radius
- Slow ogre spawns on some maps on NM difficulty are much improved in many cases
- Armour type drops rates boosted by 25% for random equipment drops.
- Character health over 1 million is displayed using the high value format to 4 significant figures (eg. 1.234 M) to prevent the health value running off screen
- Excess equipment removal function has been rewritten. Fixed an unconfirmed issue which removed many more items than intended under some circumstances, and it is much faster.
- Excess mana removal function rewritten. Introduced a biasing system to keep tokens with a larger value around for longer. Large tokens will still be deleted eventually. This is not a bug, but a design decision that was made to prevent players waiting until the end of the round to collect mana and not being significantly penalised for doing so.
- Multiple upgrades can be applied to an item in a single click when using “pro mode”. No key down - 1 upgrade per click. Shift down - Applies up to 9 upgrades per click. Ctrl down - Applies up to 50 upgrades per click
- Predicted stat value will account for the number of upgrades to be applied
- Invasion shows the current phase number in the UI
- Inferno trap damage and attack rate updates for (de-)buffs in real time
- Possible fix to lock down hero info and equipment info UI istances to help prevent future chances of item stealing
- Fixed Diamonds spawn
- Fixed flying enemies not correctly triggering traps
- Fixed Pure Strategy on Embermount and Buccaneer Bay
- Proton beams and inferno traps with high attack rates now deal damage every tick. Multiple proton beams can also damage the same target because of this fix
- Public games being played on a different version no longer visible in matchmaking
- Items with all negative stats no longer show as an upgrade if no equipment is present to compare to
- Large aura’s (>18 units in radius) are always picked up immediately when entering upgrade/repair/sell casting modes
- Fix lightning tower not being able to chain off an enemy if it kills it in the same tick
- Fix for semi-random interval between first and second shot after reloading a gun
- Fix for other heroes banked mana being displayed incorrectly in the pause menu
- Fixed ghost pillars in Hall of Court
- Palantir no longer warns of fish wyverns
- Old One’s belly crystal can be attacked by all weapons
- Instant upgrade will no longer attempt to repair towers that have health above the normal repair threshold
- Fixed south west doors on Buccaneer Bay that wouldn’t animate on wave start..
- Fixed unintended increase in high level armor dropping
- Fixed Ogres dropped by Goblin Copters damaging crystals in CD and WW.
- Fixed Djinn casting time being accelerated by ensnare auras
- Enemies set to golden state don’t retrigger the Wave 10 and Wave 20 survival difficulty spikes
- Prevented any item spawning with negative damage, upgrades, or ammunition (observed as 1/1 upgrades, 10 damage, or 1 ammunition spawning too frequently)
- Summoner minion collision on client games now matches the host (no more rising out of defences)
- Phase shifted summoner can no longer be killed by explosive attacks exceeding 100,000 damage
- Fix apprentice / squire / huntress weapons spawning with incorrect (high) quality ratings
- Fix items with 8 negative stats being evaluated as godly
- Fix double multiplication bug causing items in the tavern shop to show up with much higher than intended prices
- Mix mode skeletons will now always timeout if they get stuck in an unrevived state
- Moonbase gravity is not dependant on frame rate
- Tavern XP bonus doesn’t award a “score”
- In Local/Open game modes, having the mod missions selected will not lock out the Shards and Lost quests buttons
- Loot multiplier scaling now increases with every wave of a map (integer division…)
- Fix stretched Squire masks
- Fix for wyverns, djinn, and goblin copter pathfinding logic stalling and appearing stuck. Fixes the infamous CD wyvern along with almost every other stuckage for these three enemy types
- Fix floating damage numbers disappearing offscreen when attack rates continuously exceed 10 times per second
- Fix health decay rate for proton beam depending on the attack rate
- Possible fix for goblin copters forgetting to drop their ogre when the drop zone is reached
- Possible fix for DEW / Spider targeting when there are no targetable players on larger maps
- Jester “Move Tower” ability now uses the same placement rules as when the tower is being built.
- Fix mapname not being visible to clients in the tavern in some circumstances
- Fix accented ‘U’ in Uber maps being incorrectly formatted and not showing as an accented ‘U’
- Fix projectile speed multipliers on Moonbase Quietus reward being unexpectedly low
- Fix issue preventing item particle effects showing up correctly while dropped on the floor (to be used for new items)
- Fix weapons equipped to the series EV not always hiding all particle effects correctly
- Fix map selection UI jumping to Deeper Well if a player joins the game when looking at the Lost Quests maps
- (Partial) Fix for repair/upgrade auto selection finding a tower out of range
- Fix for minimap quality filter breaking for qualities above Ultimate
- Slice’N Dice and Lightning Tower - Higher damage output. Damage per tick now increases with the attack rate stat so that damage output continues to scale into lategame (including buffs and debuffs). Scaling revised to account for this.
- Bowling Ball Tower - Faster attacks. Animation time exponent increased from 0.8 to 1.0 (significant increase in high end attack rate). Bowling ball tower damage had fallen well behind at high levels due to it’s below average animation duration scaling. Increasing the scaling exponent to 1.0 brought the damage up to comparable levels and makes it easier to compare across towers for future changes.
- Magic Missile Tower - More powerful attacks. Damage scaling exponent increased from 1.105 to 1.15. Single target towers need to do more damage than multi target towers. The MMT wasn’t, so it gets a small buff.
- Darkness, Inferno, and Gas traps - Base charges increased to 3 from 1/2/2.
- Ethereal Spike Trap - Base charges increased from 2 to 4. Attack radius now scales with trigger radius so it can always hit the enemy that triggered the trap. Damage now scales much, much faster
- Proximity Mine Trap - Base charges increased from 2 to 4
- Mana Bomb and Purity Bomb - Significant increase in damage scaling. Blocked in assault challenges due to combination of absurdly high damage and long range
Release Date: 10 December 2015
- New Map: Buccaneer Bay
- New Challenge: Pirate Invasion (on Buccaneer Bay)
- A Revamp of the Jester, including two new defenses and revisions to the existing ones
- New items, including two weapons, two pets and an accessory
- Many Quality-of-Life improvements to enhance the game experience
- Various bugs addressed
- Temporary Moonbase theme for the Tavern.
- All boss cutscenes are now skippable. Hooray!
- The trading UI supports adding 48 items using the add to trade button
- Projectile towers now accurately report the period between attacks (previously the firing animation time was not included)
- Added a thousands separator (,) to all numbers using high value formatting when between 1,000 and 1 M
- Tavern Dummy report text moved above hit damage text to allow for easier viewing
- Tavern Dummy averaging period increased from 2 to 4 seconds to improve consistency
- Tavern Dummy now reports the total damage dealt as well as the DPS
- If Nightmare difficulty is selected in the tavern, all towers, heroes and pets will deal the damage they would in the map. Any towers or heroes spawning while Nightmare is selected will use Nightmare levels of all other stats but will not update when switching between difficulties
- Mana token and player shop max price increased to 2B
- EV builders can now move while placing the child node of a beam. The player must be within casting range of either node to begin construction
- Imp and Tower boost repair traps and beams the same way they do other towers
- Traps and beams now use identical repair logic to other towers and will not allow repair focus for only a single charge during combat (can be repaired during combat from 95% health)
- Tavern shop can now sell items with prices sensible for their quality (tavern shop quality consistency to be improved later)
- Greater Turkey Hunt wave 9 time limit increased by 30 seconds
- Item Value is reported using the high value formatting (eg. 2.1204 M) to improve readability. This is applied to the item box, player and tavern shops, item tooltip, and item inspect panels
- Tower Wars and Moonbase now have level previews in game setup
- Hit damage text is of a constant size. Size is about half of the previous maximum
- Hit damage text is placed relative to the target, not the hit location
- Jester present boxes have new Defenses and adjusted spawn chances (Lower chance of item/ogre/mana spawns, and the spawn chances are now different for each type of present)
- Jester present box unlock levels increased to make room for the new Defenses
- New Defenses added to the Jester:
- Jack-in-the-Box (Level 1, 3 DU, 40 mana): A Defense with a fairly short-range, forward-facing punching glove. It has high health and a slow attack rate, but makes up for this with high damage and knock-back capability, with a 20% chance to knock back enemies normally immune to knockback effects, such as Ogres.
- Party Popper (Level 3, 4 DU, 50 mana): A standard, mid-range projectile defense which shoots a wide range of projectiles with different attributes at random: Magic Missile (generic), Archer Minion arrow (generic), Fireball (fire, small splash radius), Djinn magic bolts (Fire, Lightning, Poison and Purity- all piercing), Deadly Striker bolts (generic, passes through walls), and Ogre poison balls (poison, huge splash radius). Inspecting this tower will show the element and damage for the next shot to be fired.
- Reload speed, charge speed, knockback, blocking, guardian and propeller cat boosting stat generation clamped within their allowable range (no more picking up a sword with 1000% Blocking Bonus only to find it turned into 30% in your item box)
- Tavern Dummy is only hit once per tick by the Slice’N Dice and Lightning Towers to match all other targets. Equal Opportunity!
- “Pro-Mode” and “Invest All” function as expected when the cost to upgrade exceeds 1B mana
- Greater Turkey Hunt correctly spawns 8 turkey bosses. Gobble gobble gobble
- “Invest All” will bring the bank mana to zero if the upgrade cost is greater than the banked mana
- “UnLock/Lock All” item box functions no longer cause long freezes when used
- Akatiti water no longer removes the slowing effect of a spider web. It's just regular ol' water now.
- Projectiles reflected by a reflect beam no longer trigger the genie pet granting mana if they hit an enemy (Genie behavior when attacking enemies with your hero has not been changed)
- Enemies with suppressed elemental effects are always affected by gas traps,which now have an anti-discrimination policy.
- Guns with negative ammunition counts (displayed as 1 ammo) can now be upgraded
- Fix banking mana at the forge eating the invested mana. The forge will find a new power source.
- “Report Issue” button in options menu now points to a public form (and results are sent directly to the CDT)
- Online mode defaults to steam (Gamespy no longer exists, so please don't select that option)
- Fix for certain weapons forcibly spawning with max stats
Release Date: 16 September 2015
- Added Moonbase to Ranked.
- Player mana ceiling increased to 1 trillion.
- Inventory limit increased to 600 for Ultimate Defenders.
- Added an option for hosts to disallow the selling of allied towers.
- Added "unlock all" and "lock all" buttons.
- Potential fix for the items being lost during a trade.
- Auras are now darker in the middle and shouldn't cause framerate drops.
- Players can now hide their accessories without losing the stats bonuses they provide.
- Players can set a rarity tier filter for the minimap.
- Higher-tiered items are layered over lower-tiered items on the minimap.
- Highest-tier items have their own color on the minimap.
- Players can now move while trying to find where to build a tower.
- "An Ogre Has Arrived" text and noise has been removed.
- Items dropped by the player now drop directly in front of the player to improve accuracy and reduce frustration with setting up tavern shops.
- Reduced the number of bosses on Greater Turkey Hunt.
- The display method for damage and mana numbers have been changed to extend their range.
- Removed DungeonDefenderStore buttons.
Release Date: 26 June 2013
- Added "Tinkerer's Lab" Campaign Map and the "Lab Assault" Challenge map to the "The Tinkerer's Lab Mission Pack" DLC, including new Accessories, Weapons, Costumes, and 4 Achievements.
- No information.
- No information.
Release Date: 14 January 2013 (Unversioned Hotfix)
- Fixed the Lost Eternia Shards maps so they now load correctly
- Added "Temple O' Love" Challenge Map to the "Etherian Festival of Love" DLC, including such items as new Accessories, a New Costume, and 2 Achievements
Release Date: 22 December 2012
- Akatiti weapon reward quality restored to correct values
- Diamonds will no longer generate with the running speed stat, it's unnecessary as they tremendously boost your speed anyway.
- Santa Hat sockets fixed up
- Barbarian Tavernkeep Imposter Costume increased to "Super Legendary" Quality, Santa Imposter Costume changed to Legendary Quality
Release Date: 22 December 2012
- Added a powerful new item quality class -- can you find them?!
- Reduced Silent Night and Winter Wonderland Boss Difficulties, and increased build time on Winter Wonderland by 40% (+ added 5 additional beefy starting Chests), and increased Build Time on Silent Night by 15%
- Changed Silent Night to not destroy Defenses before Boss, to not decrease DU's, and eliminated flying units during Boss Fight
- Improved quality of Silent Night & Winter Wonderland Xmas Weapons rewards
- Made "Santa Imposter" costume follow the "Super Legendary" scaling rules
- Increased Ultimate & Regular Item Box slots by 20
- Increased Skeleton on a Treadmill scale, improved colorization, and increased quality
- Fixed double-sensitive mouse chase-camera turn speed
- Enabled Gamepad Chase & FPV Camera for "Swap Triggers / Buttons" Gamepad Control Scheme
Release Date: 21 December 2012
- Added "Silent Night" Challenge and "Winter Wonderland" Campaign Map to the "Etherian Holiday Extravaganza" DLC, including such items as new Accessories, New Costume, New Pets, 4 Achievements and 3 new Crystal Cores to earn
- Increased Maximum Heroes to 32
- Added 50 more Ultimate Item Box Slots, 40 More regular Item Box Slots
- Added First Person View to Gamepad Control Mode!
- Improved Halloween Spooktacular weapons added to Spooktacular 2, as well as the Costume unlocks
- Upgraded Dungeon Defenders Development Kit to 7.47, with ALL up-to-date game content including Tower Wars, Akatiti, and Holiday 2012 Contents. Also fixed in the DDDK: cooking maps with sublevels now works, and now all original maps can be successfully cooked without having to set "Is Official Map" to False.