Here you can find the latest patch and the next patch to be released. To see the last three patch versions click the Recent tab. To see older patches visit the Archives tab.
Latest PC Patch Notes
Related: Console Patch Notes
Release Date: 10 December 2015
- New Map: Buccaneer Bay
- New Challenge: Pirate Invasion (on Buccaneer Bay)
- A Revamp of the Jester, including two new defenses and revisions to the existing ones
- New items, including two weapons, two pets and an accessory
- Many Quality-of-Life improvements to enhance the game experience
- Various bugs addressed
- Temporary Moonbase theme for the Tavern.
- All boss cutscenes are now skippable. Hooray!
- The trading UI supports adding 48 items using the add to trade button
- Projectile towers now accurately report the period between attacks (previously the firing animation time was not included)
- Added a thousands separator (,) to all numbers using high value formatting when between 1,000 and 1 M
- Tavern Dummy report text moved above hit damage text to allow for easier viewing
- Tavern Dummy averaging period increased from 2 to 4 seconds to improve consistency
- Tavern Dummy now reports the total damage dealt as well as the DPS
- If Nightmare difficulty is selected in the tavern, all towers, heroes and pets will deal the damage they would in the map. Any towers or heroes spawning while Nightmare is selected will use Nightmare levels of all other stats but will not update when switching between difficulties.
Mana token and player shop max price increased to 2B
- EV builders can now move while placing the child node of a beam. The player must be within casting range of either node to begin construction
- Imp and Tower boost repair traps and beams the same way they do other towers
- Traps and beams now use identical repair logic to other towers and will not allow repair focus for only a single charge during combat (can be repaired during combat from 95% health)
- Tavern shop can now sell items with prices sensible for their quality (tavern shop quality consistency to be improved later)
- Greater Turkey Hunt wave 9 time limit increased by 30 seconds
- Item Value is reported using the high value formatting (eg. 2.1204 M) to improve readability. This is applied to the item box, player and tavern shops, item tooltip, and item inspect panels
- Tower Wars and Moonbase now have level previews in game setup,Hit damage text is of a constant size. Size is about half of the previous maximum
- Hit damage text is placed relative to the target, not the hit location
- Jester present boxes have new Defenses and adjusted spawn chances (Lower chance of item/ogre/mana spawns, and the spawn chances are now different for each type of present)
- Jester present box unlock levels increased to make room for the new Defenses
- New Defenses added to the Jester:
- Jack-in-the-Box (Level 1, 3 DU, 40 mana): A Defense with a fairly short-range, forward-facing punching glove. It has high health and a slow attack rate, but makes up for this with high damage and knock-back capability, with a 20% chance to knock back enemies normally immune to knockback effects, such as Ogres.
- Party Popper (Level 3, 4 DU, 50 mana): A standard, mid-range projectile defense which shoots a wide range of projectiles with different attributes at random: Magic Missile (generic), Archer Minion arrow (generic), Fireball (fire, small splash radius), Djinn magic bolts (Fire, Lightning, Poison and Purity- all piercing), Deadly Striker bolts (generic, passes through walls), and Ogre poison balls (poison, huge splash radius). Inspecting this tower will show the element and damage for the next shot to be fired.
- Reload speed, charge speed, knockback, blocking, guardian and propeller cat boosting stat generation clamped within their allowable range (no more picking up a sword with 1000% Blocking Bonus only to find it turned into 30% in your item box)
- Tavern Dummy is only hit once per tick by the Slice’N Dice and Lightning Towers to match all other targets. Equal Opportunity!
- “Pro-Mode” and “Invest All” function as expected when the cost to upgrade exceeds 1B mana
- Greater Turkey Hunt correctly spawns 8 turkey bosses. Gobble gobble gobble
- “Invest All” will bring the bank mana to zero if the upgrade cost is greater than the banked mana
- “UnLock/Lock All” item box functions no longer cause long freezes when used/
- Akatiti water no longer removes the slowing effect of a spider web. It's just regular ol' water now.
- Projectiles reflected by a reflect beam no longer trigger the genie pet granting mana if they hit an enemy (Genie behavior when attacking enemies with your hero has not been changed).
- Enemies with suppressed elemental effects are always affected by gas traps,which now have an anti-discrimination policy.
- Guns with negative ammunition counts (displayed as 1 ammo) can now be upgraded
- Fix banking mana at the forge eating the invested mana. The forge will find a new power source.
- “Report Issue” button in options menu now points to a public form (and results are sent directly to the CDT)
- Online mode defaults to steam (Gamespy no longer exists, so please don't select that option)
- Fix for certain weapons forcibly spawning with max stats
Release Date: 16 September 2015
- Added Moonbase to Ranked.
- Player mana ceiling increased to 1 trillion.
- Inventory limit increased to 600 for Ultimate Defenders.
- Added an option for hosts to disallow the selling of allied towers.
- Added "unlock all" and "lock all" buttons.
- Potential fix for the items being lost during a trade.
- Auras are now darker in the middle and shouldn't cause framerate drops.
- Players can now hide their accessories without losing the stats bonuses they provide.
- Players can set a rarity tier filter for the minimap.
- Higher-tiered items are layered over lower-tiered items on the minimap.
- Highest-tier items have their own color on the minimap.
- Players can now move while trying to find where to build a tower.
- "An Ogre Has Arrived" text and noise has been removed.
- Items dropped by the player now drop directly in front of the player to improve accuracy and reduce frustration with setting up tavern shops.
- Reduced the number of bosses on Greater Turkey Hunt.
- The display method for damage and mana numbers have been changed to extend their range.
- Removed DungeonDefenderStore buttons.
Release Date: 26 June 2013
- Added "Tinkerer's Lab" Campaign Map and the "Lab Assault" Challenge map to the "The Tinkerer's Lab Mission Pack" DLC, including new Accessories, Weapons, Costumes, and 4 Achievements.
- No information.
- No information.
Release Date: 14 January 2013 (Unversioned Hotfix)
- Fixed the Lost Eternia Shards maps so they now load correctly
- Added "Temple O' Love" Challenge Map to the "Etherian Festival of Love" DLC, including such items as new Accessories, a New Costume, and 2 Achievements
Release Date: 22 December 2012
- Akatiti weapon reward quality restored to correct values
- Diamonds will no longer generate with the running speed stat, it's unnecessary as they tremendously boost your speed anyway.
- Santa Hat sockets fixed up
- Barbarian Tavernkeep Imposter Costume increased to "Super Legendary" Quality, Santa Imposter Costume changed to Legendary Quality
Release Date: 22 December 2012
- Added a powerful new item quality class -- can you find them?!
- Reduced Silent Night and Winter Wonderland Boss Difficulties, and increased build time on Winter Wonderland by 40% (+ added 5 additional beefy starting Chests), and increased Build Time on Silent Night by 15%
- Changed Silent Night to not destroy Defenses before Boss, to not decrease DU's, and eliminated flying units during Boss Fight
- Improved quality of Silent Night & Winter Wonderland Xmas Weapons rewards
- Made "Santa Imposter" costume follow the "Super Legendary" scaling rules
- Increased Ultimate & Regular Item Box slots by 20
- Increased Skeleton on a Treadmill scale, improved colorization, and increased quality
- Fixed double-sensitive mouse chase-camera turn speed
- Enabled Gamepad Chase & FPV Camera for "Swap Triggers / Buttons" Gamepad Control Scheme
Release Date: 21 December 2012
- Added "Silent Night" Challenge and "Winter Wonderland" Campaign Map to the "Etherian Holiday Extravaganza" DLC, including such items as new Accessories, New Costume, New Pets, 4 Achievements and 3 new Crystal Cores to earn
- Increased Maximum Heroes to 32
- Added 50 more Ultimate Item Box Slots, 40 More regular Item Box Slots
- Added First Person View to Gamepad Control Mode!
- Improved Halloween Spooktacular weapons added to Spooktacular 2, as well as the Costume unlocks
- Upgraded Dungeon Defenders Development Kit to 7.47, with ALL up-to-date game content including Tower Wars, Akatiti, and Holiday 2012 Contents. Also fixed in the DDDK: cooking maps with sublevels now works, and now all original maps can be successfully cooked without having to set "Is Official Map" to False.
Unreleased PC Patch Notes
Here are the notes for any officially released upcoming patches, planned for release on the PC.