To increase the damage of this skill a player should raise the Piercing Shot stat, Hero Damage stat or a weapon's listed Ranged Damage. Upgrading a weapon's elemental damage will have no effect, meaning players should strive to maximize the ranged physical damage potential of a weapon.
- As the piercing shot passes through every enemy and any obstacle, it can be used to rapidly clear out entire lines of enemies for minimal cost.
- Since Piercing Shot can be fired even when you are normally attacking, using it every cooldown is a significant DPS increase--even against single targets.
- Due to its ability to travel through walls, you can use it to "snipe" enemies through any obstacles.
- Piercing Shot is great at taking down a long wave of Wyverns, who tend to move in a single straight line. It can also be easily targeted at Dark Elf Warriors and Spiders who usually stop moving in order to attack.
- Upgrading Piercing Shot does not decrease the cooldown.
- Weapons which inflict elemental damage in place of physical damage such as the Dancing Cavalier will still boost the damage of Piercing Shot when their listed weapon damage is upgraded.