A Familiar is awarded upon reaching wave 15 on any difficulty of Pure Strategy or Survival mode. A Giraffe on Treadmill is awarded for completing a map on Pure Strategy or Survival mode (see below). The Pet Rock replaces both rewards, and is awarded on Wave 30 of the Talay Mining Complex.
- To 'complete' a map on Pure Strategy or Survival mode and attain a Giraffe on a Treadmill, players must reach and complete the final wave.
- With the introduction of new DLC maps, the number of waves now vary;
- When skipping to later starting waves on the PC, in order to obtain survival reward pets players must start at least 2 waves prior to the final wave for the map.
- For example, in order to obtain most survival reward pets, players must start on wave 13 at the latest.
- To attain the Giraffe on a Treadmill, on a 25 wave campaign map it must be started on wave 23 at the latest, wave 28 at the latest on a 30 wave map, etc.
- Players who join during the combat phase of wave 14 are also rewarded upon completion. This includes the console achievement "Survivalist" for reaching wave 15 (granted upon completion of wave 14).